Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I can’t change my Past, but I am Positive

Recently I have been advised by someone to write about my recent experiences, I thought about it and I figured out it’s the hardest thing to do. I have so many stories to tell but I can’t find words to express them. I am not ashamed to admit that I am not a good writer. But life isn’t easy anyways so I decided to give it a try, some will like it and some not. Anyways you can’t please everyone……….

Well let’s start with the past, every single person has a past and I do to. Since I have chosen to give priority to my religion instead of the goods of this world, Suddenly I see different sides of people that I haven’t noticed it before cause I was busy entertaining myself while the world conspired against each other. Some support me while some don’t. I do accept, I was my own enemy and I am myself the reason which lead people to think of me like that. But, I wont accept people pointing fingers at me as well, I have left my past behind and I find no reason for other people to hold on to it.

Some people ask me for guarantees, some people say is it because you have found a religious woman, some people say it’s a phase, some say don’t become an extremist. I sometimes wonder why they have all negative things to say. Life has no guarantees; no human being is guaranteed to behave in the same manner. A human being has the tendency to adapt to its surroundings and behave the same way as people around him or her do. Someone joked with me once and said “if you want guarantees buy a Micro Wave you will get one year replacement Guarantee. The fact is that there are no guarantees for a human being; death, personality changes, failed marriages, financial state, war, etc…. So how can I provide guarantees to people, I don’t know myself where I may end up in future.. Only Allah knows Best.

I have come to an understanding as why humans are different than Allah, Allah forgives the past and humans don’t- it’s one of the attributes of Allah that humans cant posses.

Looking at the positive sides of things, Since, I started following the correct path; I have evolved from being depressed by lack of faith in me by people to more positive thinking. Islam led me to think positively even in times sadness and crises and tackle all issues positively.

Now I don’t regret my past at all, actually I am really happy that I had a past. I make use of that past to let people know ,how I changed and what can people do to make a change in their lives like I did, I am a living example, I have lived every moment of it and I know how hard it is to let go of goods of this world. I guess people like me can help more humans rather than people who haven’t done anything in their lives and those who were born in a family which was religious and practiced Islam since they were kids. They may not be able to relate to people who have had pasts which they haven’t experienced themselves, for them answering questions asked by people like us is a bit hard….but I know and I can and I fight against my temptations every day and every night ….. I may have answers for people who have lived a life like I have. Past is positive, you can learn from your mistakes and let people know how to stay away from those mistakes…..


Allah is the most Merciful Please read : Man Who committed 100 Murders and was forgiven....

Past is signing off ..see you in future :)

Disclaimer: It’s just that I am thinking positively about my past, I don’t approve of it. If I had a chance to go back in time, I would have changed it. I hope people don’t take it literally and commit all the sins and wait to change………. Life has no guarantees…you never know if you are alive till that time …so change now:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is only apt that i be the first to comment :)

it is not easy being on the straight path, that is why you get even more ajar for striving in the way of islam regardless of all the adversity you face. even if you have been pious all your life people will always have something negative to say. Alhamdullilah you have changed yourself around and only you know how much courage it must have taken to do so. May ALLAH always protect you and guide you. May He always bless you with knowledge and guidance and grant you jannah. Ameen.
keep in mind there are people who still criticise the Prophet PBUH and some muslims wo criticise the Prophets companions regardless of the fact that Allah SWT has already promisd his companions jannah.

no hardship shall befall you that Allah will make it a source of erasing your sins.

May Allah bless you with good in this duniya and akhirah and may He guide us all to the straight path. Ameen.

salamwalaikum s :)

Creation said...

Yup, sincere repentance wipes it out ...